Interstate of Green
Kevin Lidlow Mock Draft 1.0
1) Carolina Panthers (from Chicago): CJ Stroud, QB Ohio State: Every year always seems to have a smokescreen as to which route a team with the first pick, despite it being too obvious. For the Panthers they made it pretty obvious that they like CJ, I think they will take him here.
2) Houston Texans: Bryce Young QB Alabama: Both Young and Stroud are without a doubt the best quarterbacks in the draft. It's going to come down to which team likes who better. In this case the Panthers like Stroud more and the Texans still get a good quarterback
3) Arizona Cardinals: Will Anderson EDGE Alabama: Cardinals need help on the defensive line and what better way to improve it than taking the best edge rusher in the draft.
4) Indianapolis Colts: Will Levis QB Kentucky: I really like Levis here for the Colts, Levis has made quite the impression this offseason with how he bulked up and displayed a good combine and pro day. Some have Richardson go here but I believe Levis is better.
5) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver): Jalen Carter DT Georgia: Carter could arguably be the overall best defensive lineman in the draft, he’d be a dynamic interior lineman for Caroll’s defense. His off-field issues are concerning but if he can get it straightened out, he would be best in the league.
6) Detroit Lions (from L.A. Rams): Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech: The Lions have a good defense and were very efficient late in the season. Beefing that defensive line would make a very formidable front.
7) Las Vegas Raiders: Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois: Raiders need a ton of help on the defensive side, adding a corner would certainly be a start. He doesn’t have an ideal size but some are comparing his style to Denzel Ward which would be beneficial for him
8) Atlanta Falcons: Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon: Falcons were one of the worst defenses last year, pairing Gonzalez with Terell would certainly help them.
9) Chicago Bears (from Carolina): Peter Skoronski OL Northwestern: The Bears are going to look to upgrade their offensive line, adding Skoronski would be a huge addition.
10) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans): Nolan Smith Edge Georgia: Eagles have a ton of draft picks this year, which is why they didn’t sign a lot of free agents. They did re sign guys like Cox and Graham on one year deals, and would need to find their replacements
11) Tennessee Titans: Paris Johnson Jr. OT Ohio State: I like Johnson here, especially after the Titans did a whole reset at their offensive line.
12) Houston Texans (from Cleveland): Quentin Johnston WR TCU: First receiver comes off the board and the Texans get some help for their new quarterback.
13) New York Jets: Broderick Jones OT Georgia: Jets need some depth help on both sides of the ball. But I think they add depth to the o line and Jones is a great fit to do it.
14) New England Patriots: Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia: Patriots need help everywhere but we know that you always draft based on best available not necessarily a need. In this case the Pats get both.
15) Green Bay Packers: Jordan Addison WR USC: With the Packers set to begin an era post Rodgers, it’s time that they learn from their mistakes and continue to add weapons around their quarterback.
16) Washington Commanders: Dalton Kincaid TE Utah: You can make the argument that the Commanders take a QB here but I think they stick with Howell and add weapons around him.
17) Pittsburgh Steelers: Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson: The Steelers add a quality edge rusher to compliment Watt, and in case he gets hurt. They have depth.
18) Detroit Lions: Cam Smith CB SC: Lions go heavy on the defense this draft, adding help in the secondary and defensive line would certainly help.
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State: I see the Bucs adding help to the secondary here and Porter would definitely be a nice touch.
20) Seattle Seahawks: Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa: It’s tough to say what the Seahawks will do here, I think they end up adding more to their defensive line. Van Ness is on the younger side but if they use him as a role player for now and let him grow, he could be something special.
21) Los Angeles Chargers: Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame: Chargers are set at the wide receiver position but they could always use help at tight end. Especially when one is not only a great pass catcher but great run blocker too.
22) Baltimore Ravens: Zay Flowers WR Boston College: Whomever the quarterback is going to be for this team, they need to get some receivers and not just rely on using the tight end all of the time.
23) Minnesota Vikings: Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State: With the loss of Thielen, I see the Vikings use the 23rd pick on a wide receiver to find his replacement
24) Jacksonville Jaguars: Brian Branch S Alabama: The Jaguars don’t have a ton of needs on offense, but they can beef up the secondary. Branch would be a solid pickup.
25) New York Giants: Joe Tippmann OL Wisconsin: Giants added some speed in their skill positions, now they look to add some more depth to the o line.
26) Dallas Cowboys: Bijan Robinson RB Texas: The Cowboys released Elliott and have Pollard on the franchise tag. Adding Robinson would add certainty to that position
27) Buffalo Bills: Mazi Smith DT Michigan: The Bills did a good job adding pieces on the offensive side of the ball, now I think they shift to the defense and beef up the interior defensive line
28) Cincinnati Bengals: Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma: With Jonah Williams requesting a trade, I think the Bengals honor the request and find his replacement in this draft.
29) New Orleans Saints (from San Francisco through Miami and Denver): Will McDonald IV EDGE Iowa State: Saints need to add to their defensive line especially at the edge position.
30) Philadelphia Eagles: Felix Anudlke-Uzomah EDGE Kansas State: Eagles are going to double down on the defensive line front especially with the possibility of losing Cox and Graham next year.
31) Kansas City Chiefs: O’Cyrus Torrence OL Florida: Losing Brown would be a big loss for the Chiefs but I think they would fill a need here